The energetic cooler winds of fall provide a great opportunity to tackle those outside jobs you’ve put off because of the summer heat. It’s also a time to take stock of those things on the inside that you’ve put off as well. Open up those windows, let the fresh air in, and jump right in. Make it fun. Get the whole family involved.
On the Outside:
- Declutter, clean, & organize your garage.
- Do maintenance on your lawn & garden equipment. Give them a good cleaning and sprucing up.
- Clean out the flower beds of debris & dead shrubbery to give the outside of the home a fresh look.
On the Inside:
- Go through your closets when transitioning from summer to fall/winter clothing. Only keep clothes that fit, are in good condition, and that you wear on a regular basis.
- Organize the pantry or food cupboards to make room for holiday food shopping. You may be surprised to find out that you already have some items on hand.
- Start preparing your guest room for holiday guests. Go through dresser drawers and the closet so that your guests have room to store their things.